Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Some place

Watch the third presidential debate tonight!
I don't know about you, but I've been tuning in for the debates--mostly to see if anyone will say something heartfelt or surprising. And to be honest, they seem to be getting better--the VP debate sounded a little less planned and the second prez debate was OKish. Though I am fairly certain that the debates aren't changing any minds...

However, they have one final chance to surprise us!
And--more importantly--this debate is in Tempe, at my alma mater!
And even more importantly, it is at my beloved Gammage Auditorium, across the street from where I lived for two years!

Now, here's the scoop: Gammage is a Frank Lloyd Wright design, originally created for the Baghdad Opera House. The legend goes that the ASU president at the time won the use of the architectural plans over a card game, after the Iraqi king who commissioned the design was killed...

I'm sure there's some deeper meaning or irony there, somewhere.

P.S.- ASU's student media looks to be doing a great job of coverage, including an 'exclusive' interview with Kerry...Check it out

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?